.Azorean Experiences - Corvo
Departures from March 22 2023 to October 28 2023
Being Islander in the Smallest Island of the Azores
Corvo across the water, neighbor of Flores island, is the remotest and tiniest of the islands of the Azorean archipelago, being 6.5 km long and 4 km wide. There is one tiny settlement Vila Nova do Corvo and, six kilometers uphill from the village, is the vast green (300m deep and 2 km wide), the volcanic crater of the Caldeirão, reached on a wonderful walk which offers views of green pastures, the ocean and the island of Flores.
- Day 1 - Corvo
Arrival at the airport of Corvo and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 2 - Corvo
Half Day tour around the island to visit the main attractions.Being the smallest island of the archipelago, with one only village, Vila Nova do Corvo with 430 inhabitants, and few streets, the visit to this island is done by local drivers, from the village until the "Caldeirão". The Caldeirão is the main element of the islands landscape and resulted from the collapse of the top of the central volcano of Corvo. Its interior is filled by a shallow lake and several small volcanic cones that cut the body of water and that, many claim, outline the drawing of the Azores Islands. From the Caldeirão lookout, it is possible to see this vast volcanic depression and enjoy the quiet calmness that characterizes this remote part of Europe.
- Day 3 - Corvo
Free day to relax.
- Day 4 - Corvo
Transfer to the airport.
5 Days • 3 Nights
Places / InterestsCorvo Self-Drive Experiences Região Autónoma dos Açores
Included / Not Included
- 3 nights bed & breakfast
- Arrival & departure transfers between airport or harbour & accommodations as mentioned on the program
- Visit to the Crater of Caldeirão at Corvo Island with English speaking driver
- Symbolic contribution to social & environmental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1€
- Meals other than those mentioned on the program
- Supplements for private tours
- Upgrades to superior rooms
- Supplements to reservations in hotels other than those mentioned
The day, route, schedule, and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to operating conditions.
The tours may have to be in taxi with English speaking driver.