. Azores Underwater - Santa Maria
There are several different types of dives around the island of Santa Maria. This is directly related to the diverse geologic formations of the Azorean archipelago caves, tunnels and sand bottoms around the coast, in low lying areas close to the coast or in submarine mounts or peaks further from the coast. Noteworthy that the Baixa do Ambrósio there is a yearly concentration of Devil rays unlike any other place in the world. Natural Reserve Formigas and Dollabarat considered by many as the best diving location in Europe, the reserve is located 20 miles northeast off the island of Santa Maria in open sea. A vast number of subaquatic species may be observed here. It should be noted that the highest number of sightings of the pelagic species takes place in this area of the archipelago.
Day by Day
Day 1 - Santa Maria
Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Day 2 - Santa Maria
Day 3 - Santa Maria
Day 4 - Santa Maria
Day 5 - Santa Maria
Day 6 - Santa Maria
Day 7 - Santa Maria
Day 8 - Santa Maria
Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Included / Not Included
- 7 nights (breakfast included depending on the hotel selected)
- Arrival and departure transfers between the airport of Santa Maria and the hotel
- 10 regular dives (2 dives per day)
- Transfers between the hotel and diving center
- Full tank, weights, dive guide and activity insurance
- Symbolic contribution to social & environmental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1,00€
- Flight ticket to and from the Azores
- Full diving equipment
- Supplements for private or specific dives (natural reserves of Dollabarat, Formigas, Baixa do Ambrósio). Please consult the local diving company.